Stream101 is solely a provider of access to the Internet. Stream101 does reserves the right to suspend or cancel access to any or all services provided by Stream101, at any time upon Stream101’s sole discretion.
The following are considered violations of the Stream101 Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- Illegal Use: Stream101’s services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of any illegal activities whatsoever. Stream101 fully cooperates with any law-enforcement requests for client information and/or aid in fighting crime and bringing the illegal activity to an end.
- Forgery / Impersonation (Phishing): Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is deemed a violation of the AUP. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited.
- Threats: Using Stream101’s service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment: Use of the Stream101 service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity: Use of Stream101 service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes” and “chain letters.”
- Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM): Using Stream101’s services to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate suspension of the offending account.IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Anyone hosting websites or services on their server that support spammers or cause any of our IP space to be listed in any of the various Spam Databases will have their server immediately removed from our network. The server will not be reconnected until such time that you agree to remove ANY and ALL traces of the offending material immediately upon re-connection and agree to allow us access to the server to confirm that all material has been COMPLETELY removed. Severe violations may result in immediate and permanent removal of the server from our network without notice to the customer. Any server guilty of a second violation WILL be immediately and permanently removed from our network without notice. NO REFUNDS will be issued in either case.
- Gambling: Any gambling or remotely gambling-related websites are strictly prohibited on our servers. This includes unlawful contests, pyramid schemes, and chain letters.
- E-mail / News Bombing: Malicious intent to impede another person’s use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
- E-mail / Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the Stream101 service is in violation of this AUP.
- Usenet SPAMing: Stream101 has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
- Adult/Pornorgraphic Content: Stream101 does not allow the hosting or storing of content deemed to be adult in nature. This includes, but is not limited to, sexual content (non-educational) and pornography of any kind. Use of Stream101 servers to store or distribute content of this nature will result in cancellation of service without refund.
- Unauthorized access: Use of the Stream101 service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Stream101’s or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending Stream101 account is subject to immediate termination and reporting to authorities.
- Copyright or trademark infringement: Use of Stream101 services to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of personal data: Using Stream101 services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Network disruptions / unfriendly activity: Using Stream101’s services for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use Stream101 Services or the Internet. This includes “denial of service” (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Client may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Client may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner. Unauthorized entry and/or use of another company and/or individual’s computer system will result in immediate account termination. Stream101 does not tolerate any client attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
- Fraud: Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
- Copyrights: Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right: Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
- Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offense will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
- Inappropriate Use of Software: Use of software or any device that would facilitate a continued connection, i.e. pinging, while using Stream101 services could result in suspension service.
- Third Party Accountability: Stream101 clients will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account, that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Free Accounts: Reseller accounts may not be used to offer any form of free domain hosting services. Violations will result in immediate suspension of service
- Torrenting: Accounts may not be used as torrent trackers of any kind. This includes torrent trackers of legimate content.
- Proxy: Accounts may not run proxy scripts of any kind. This is not strictly limited to PHPProxy or CGIProxy this also includes any others.
- E-mail Scripts: Accounts may not solely run email list scripts of any kind. This include phpmail and any others.
- WordPress (and other CMS) Scripts: In an effort to reduce the amount of compromised WordPress (and Open Source CMS installations in general), the following rules must be followed:
- All installations must be kept up to date
- All plugins must be kept up to date
- All themes must be kept up to date
- All above updates must be done within 30 days of the available release being published
Last Modified: 12/17/2016