Unfortunately, there is no way to truly prevent stream ripping from occurring. A feature we do offer, however, may reduce the possibility of the stream ripper succeeding in stealing the audio.
We suggest that you place an auto-kick timer onto your stream. This is a feature that we support! (Note: This applies to SHOUTcast streams only. Unfortunately, ICEcast does not support this in any way.)
- 1) Login to the Media Control Panel
- 2) Once in the MCP, click Configure Server
- 3) Choose the Advanced Tab
- 4) Input a value into the “Always disconnect listeners after:”. This value is in minutes
- 5) Restart your streaming server by clicking the Restart Server button.